Wink Poppy Midnight

Title: Wink Poppy Midnight
Author: April Genevieve Tucholke

















Photo from Goodreads.com


Synopsis:

Wink is the girl no one wants to know from school.  The one that's at the end of constant bullying and from a family that others consider weird.  She isn't described as beautiful and is known as Feral Bell to those who tease her.  Added to her weirdness, she has a mother who does tarot cards and reads tea leaves.  She and her siblings live with their mother after their father had run out on them.  Poppy is the most popular girl at school, every guy fawns over her.  But it's Midnight who's the first guy she sleeps with, only because the guy she really loves, Leaf Bell (Wink's brother) doesn't like her and says she's an ugly person on the inside.  She is one of the characters who is always bullying Wink.  Midnight gets himself involved in a love triangle between these two women when he decides he's had enough of Poppy and how she treats him and then meets Wink when he moves to a new home with his father.  Three characters, two girls and one boy.  A secret about the town they live in, a secret that no one knows the truth about.  

My Rating:

I rated this book 2.5 stars because I did had some hope for it when I began reading it.  But as I kept reading, the book got too confusing.  Tucholke makes the reader pick who's who in the book.  Who's the villain, who's the hero, who's the liar?  And even at the end, I can say...I honestly don't know!  Who I thought to be the hero wasn't even close.  Wink is telling the story in her parts and though she points out who's the hero and villain in her story, it's not so clear if that's how it really is in the end.  Poppy I couldn't stand at all from the beginning.  When Midnight and Wink leave her tied in alone in a haunted house, it was hard to feel sorry for her.  She kept coming around to Midnight even after he said he didn't want anything to do with her anymore.  And Midnight...he was lovesick for these two girls.  In fact, I couldn't find any character I liked in this book.  The end itself was very confusing that I still don't understand how it ended.

Recommendation:

I don't think there's anyone I would recommend this book to.  Unless you enjoy weird, out there, no sense books then I wouldn't waste time reading this one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mostly Human by D.I. Jolly

Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Awakened by James S. Murray and Darren Wearmouth