The Cartel 7: Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses by Ashley & Jaquavis, JaQuavis Coleman


Beware of the bosses in The Cartel 7: Illuminati: Roundtable of the Bosses, a crime fiction novel by Ashley and Jaquavis Coleman where the Diamonds are back at it again with a life of crime.

Summary:

Carter Diamond is in exile in order to protect his family, but his wife is in jail and he has no idea what happened to his son, or his brother's child during his time away.  Now that he has found a group of people that will help him, he wonders if he will be alone forever.  Will Carter find his family before it's too late? 

My Review:

I'll admit, this is the first of the series I read, so maybe that's why it was hard for me to get through, but I did.  The beginning of the book was hard for me and Coleman really should've clarified it which child was who, Mo and C.J.  I had to go back and forth to try and figure it out, which I don't like to do when reading.  I want to get right into it and continue reading. 

Coleman did a wonderful job with switching the points of view.  The pace was fast, but done so you didn't get lost.  And not once did I have to try and figure out who it was that was talking.  Everything was easy to understand and the characters each got the same amount of time in the book which I enjoyed.  It was easy to really see into their lives.  Most importantly, Breeze, who was my favorite character.  Coleman made us see that she was born into this family and had no choice.  I felt bad for her through her many trials because this wasn't what she wanted to do with her life, but she didn't have a way out.  

Everything was going smoothly in the book until Coleman rushed the ending.  The pace was too fast and so much was happening in a short amount of time.  I felt that they wanted to get the book over with and didn't care how they finished it.  

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars because I saw the potential of what could've been.  There is another part coming out, but I don't think I'll be reading it.  While I thought this one was interesting, it's just not my type of reading.  I would recommend it to anyone who likes crime dramas.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mostly Human by D.I. Jolly

Asylum by Madeleine Roux

Awakened by James S. Murray and Darren Wearmouth